Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The thief

 


I love this song by Third Day. It gives me tingles. And hope. So much hope.

There is also just something about Mac Powell's voice that I absolutely adore.

You might not know the story behind the song. But if you're curious and have never heard it before, it's in Luke 23:32- 43.

I was going to write more about it. But I have actually decided I shouldn't. The song kind of speaks for itself.

Here are the words:

I am a thief, I am a murderer
Walking up this lonely hill
What have I done? I don't remember
No one knows just how I feel
and I know that my time is coming soon.
 


It's been so long. Oh, such a long time
Since I've lived with peace and rest
Now I am here, my destination
guess things work for the best
and I know that my time is coming soon
 


Who is this man? This man beside me
They call the King of the Jews
They don't believe that He's the Messiah
But, somehow I know it's true.
And they laugh at Him in mockery,
and beat Him till he bleeds
They nail Him to the rugged cross,
and raise Him, they raise Him up next to me
 


My time has come, I'm slowly fading
I deserve what I receive

Jesus when You are in Your kingdom
Could You please remember me
and He looks at me still holding on
the tears fall from His eyes
He says I tell the truth
Today, you will live with Me in paradise
 

and I know that my time is coming soon
and I know paradise is coming soon.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...