Sunday, November 27, 2011

A post of little importance about the good stuff

This weekend has been full. Georgie and I went to city with my Mum and Dad. Mostly just because we could. Shane is away doing courses and having work Christmas parties. I was lonely, Mum wanted a haircut, Dad wanted to visit a friend, and we all could have used the opportunity to get out of town and do some Christmas shopping. So we went.

It was a crazy hectic jumble of activity. Some hard bits, but mostly good. I am so glad for my parents. Don't get me wrong, there were times when I wanted to tell Dad off for the way he drives my car, and the more time I spend with him the more I am convinced that I married my father (in a non-creepy way). It is just really noticeable that Shane and Dad share some traits that drive me crazy. But mostly, my parents are awesome. And it was really nice to be taken care of a little, you know? I see a lot of my family because we all live in the same town, but there is something that is so nice about staying with family when you've got kids. It's like your parental responsibilities are lifted a bit and you revert back to being your childhood self. I needed that.

Spending time with my Mum and Dad like that made me realise how good my parents have been to me. It also made me realise how good God has been to me. I think one of the best blessings any child can have is to have parents who love God. I know no parent is perfect, and people make mistakes (Mum and Dad made heaps of them!) but the most important thing they never stopped doing was love God. Throughout all of my life, I have always known that. They stuffed up lots. But I think God can do an awful lot of fixing when he is offered a family's heart. I know I'm going to do damage as a Mummy. It's inevitable. But I hope I never stop holding onto God with one hand and my children with the other.

Georgie was all kinds of good while we were away. Granted she did get grumpy at times, (after all she's a kid), and it wasn't great when she got a nappy rash from teething- it hurt her so much poor button! But she was fantastic in the car, and I think she really enjoyed that time with her Grandma and Poppy. Plus, she has a new word she is using a fair bit. "Yish!" (yes). It is so cute when she says it, and it's funny that she has said yes before no. Fingers crossed she's setting a pattern for the future. But I doubt it, she's a willful little thing. However, she is super lovely at the moment.

I'm kind of sad, but happy at the same time. Because I am enjoying, (relishing, savouring!) this time with her. She is so absolutely delightful. But it is almost bittersweet. I am trying to squeeze everything good I can out of this time because I know it will never be just Georgie and me again. I'm happy because I do want this baby, and am getting quite excited at the idea of another little squishy newborn, but I get very sad at the same time for what we will miss and how hard it is going to be on my little girl.

But for now. It is nice to be home. I am missing Shane, so much. I feel a little disconnected from him. Telephone is just not the same. I really want to just be together again. But, mostly it is good to be back. The little girl went to bed tonight with nary a peep, and I like my space.

It was a pretty good weekend.


Oh, and please, please go vote for me (if you don't mind?) I would so love to feel a bit special!


1 comment:

  1. I love that thought - "I hope I never stop holding onto God with one hand and my children with the other".... so true.... I am stuffing up so much with my kids, thank you for the reminder that loving God is the most important thing I can do for them. It will be hard once the baby arrives, you will want time just with you and the baby, and you will want time just with you and Georgie..... thankfully you have an amazing family close by... make sure you take them up on any offers of help!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...