This weeks top 5 is the Top 5 things I like. But it's supposed to be a bit quirky. So here's my attempt.
1. I would be absolutely useless at Survivor. I like to have two showers every day. I cannot sleep well if I have not had a shower. I need to feel clean when I get between my sheets, and I also don't feel ready for the day unless I've showered. I'm a little pedantic about it, and I know it's not water-wise. But I can't help it. I have a really specific routine when it comes to my shower, and I just feel so dirty and horrible and unclean if I can't stick to my routine. (I think I may be slightly autistic, or OCD, or anal, or something)
2. I am currently making a sourdough starter and I just adore the smell of the fermenting yeast. It smells like beer or wine and to me, it is just lovely! I told Shane I should work in a brewery.
3. I love birthdays and I am slightly emo because it is my birthday this week, and (a) I feel like I am getting old before I ever got to be young- even though I'm only turning 24 and (b) we have a Christmas party that same night so I don't get to have my own special night.... pathetic I know!
|I so want this rainbow birthday cake!|
4. I actually enjoy cleaning my bathroom. It's probably one of the household tasks that I find the easiest. I think it's because you see such a difference when you clean a bathroom. Plus, it's not the kind of job that is never finished and has an endless cycle, like washing clothes or doing dishes. You clean a bathroom, and you don't have to do it again tomorrow! It actually stays clean at times for more than a minute.
5. Last night we went out for dinner (just Shane and I) for Chinese. And we went to the restaurant where I used to work as a waitress when I was a teenager. And part of me just wanted to get up and start working again! I loved hospitality work because it was so busy and it was a lot of fun. I especially liked working behind the bar making drinks and the occasional cocktail. I missed it a little, watching it all still happening. But it brought back some great memories and conversation with Shane about our teenage years.
So that's my attempt at it. Why not head on over to Kate's blog and give it a go yourself?