Monday, October 31, 2011

Slow Me Down





Our holiday is almost over. We have left the beach (and yes, I am heartbroken). But we are in the city for a couple of days before we go home. And I just need to breathe....... just. stop. I thought I'd link this song by Emmy Rossum, because I love the film clip, and it's close to Sunday, so this can be my Sunday song.... and the song just seems very apt for me at the moment.


Our time away has been... eventful, to say the least. There have been some fantastic family moments, some hell-on-earth times too, but mostly it has been good. Georgie slept all night, every night we were away. I am so very, very grateful for that. I was not expecting it at all, because while she is a great sleeper, she has never had a great relationship with her port-a-cot and with places that are not her home. But she was fantastic. Her daytime sleeps were less good, and sometimes she was a bit out of sorts. But you can put up with an awful lot when your child gives you a solid 10-12 hours sleep every night. So it was good.


She does seem to have a bit of a tummy bug now at the moment. She has been super cranky and not sleeping well. Last night she was up from 11:30pm-3:00am and boy, am I feeling it today! I am far too spoiled when it comes to getting a good night sleep. I'm hoping that this bug is nothing serious and gets better quickly!


The biggest thing that has happened however, has been that Shane was offered a new job while we were away! We are a little stunned. He's been looking for the last month or so, and has has applied for a couple of jobs and had the interview for this one just before we left.


We just decided that it is time, for a number of reasons. The biggest being that he needs to be home. Our family needs him to have a job with more routine. He has also been going a little crazy sitting in a truck all day and really wants to do a job that challenges him and makes him use his brain. He has been offered a job with an international company which is expanding into Australia, and will be working in a Workplace Health and Safety capacity. He's been doing study in that area for a while and is really passionate about it. We are terrified of all the changes that lie ahead, but it's something that neeeded to happen. So we are hoping and praying that this is the right path for us to take. I'm also really glad that we took this holiday when we did, just before Shane will start a new job. The timing has been pretty great. It will be hard to leave the family buisness, but these things have to happen, and his parents are being pretty good about it all, which really helps.


I am starting to hit the home strecth in this pregnancy, (only 8 weeks to go) and am getting a bit uncomfortable and over it. But so far everything seems to be going well with this new little one. I was a bit worried about the baby being too big as I just seem to have no room. But at my last antenatel appointment they took a look and said that this little one is not too big- just very tall. So it must be a bit cramped in there!


I wish we could have gone straight home. I've reached the stage when I want to make sure everything is well organised for this little one, but we have staying here in the city for a few days because Georgie is having an echocardigram on Tuesday. Our doctor has heard what sounds like a heart murmur in Georgie the last few times we've seen her. So she is having some tests to see what this could all mean. I wasn't going to mention it. But this is a big thing, and is occupying a fair bit of my head-space right now. I am very scared, but I know that heart murmurs can be nothing to worry about. I am hoping that Georgie's will be a nothing-murmur. I just don't want anything to be wrong with my little girl's heart, you know? But I am trying to trust God with it all right now.


So, yeah. It's been a full-on time. I think God is really teaching us a lot about trusting in Him. It is hard to do, But as always, it's a work in progress. I'm actually looking forward to getting home and just stopping. It's funny how you can be home all the time and be desperate for a change, but then after you get one, you just need to go home and have normal again. I am looking forward to our last few weeks as a family of three, and hoping that maybe we can slow down for a very short while before things get very, very busy again!

5 comments:

  1. That's great news about Shane's job; such a blessing for you. Will he still be able to have time off with the baby?

    I'll pray for Georgie. I can unserstand that you must be scared. Anything heart realated is terrifying. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess- it shouldn't be a problem, as he told them about it from the very beginning and they were very understanding. Plus, baby is due on Christmas Eve and they will shut down over Christmas anyway- so fingers crossed he should be able to have some time at home with the new little one :) Thanks, we will just have to see how we go with the scan and take things as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is an eventful holiday. Congratulations on Shane's job - nothing better than having your husband home more often!

    Also sending prayers for the cardiogram. I hope you get the results you want to hear and continue trusting God with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys have a lot going on right now! Congrats on hubby's new job. Enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy, will keep your baby girl in my prayers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should've read this post first because the answer to my WW comment is there. Good but eventful break. Change is scary but sounds like it might be right for you now. Being alone with two little ones because hubby is away would be hard. I hope Georgie's heart murmur doesn't need to be a thing of concern, though I know o would be worried. Getting as much information always helps. Wishing you all well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...