1. Kids hurt themselves. Even though looking at a mark on your poor baby's face will make you feel like the worst mother in the world, life happens. Some days, children are just accident-prone, and they will climb a chair and fall and hurt themselves. Yes, you probably could have been watching her more closely, but everyone is entitled to go to the toilet. She is fine. Stop blaming yourself and get over it. She has!
|My poor baby and her 'Owchie'.|
2. When you are about to leave the house and the sky looks a little heavy, and you think to yourself 'I really should take those clothes off the line'.... the thought DOESN'T count. Take the clothes off the line. You won't regret it.
3. It is okay to not resist temptation every now and then and buy something pretty. Even though it's Christmas and money is a little tight.... sometimes, a little something can help brighten up the house and help inspire you to make things look good. It is nice to live in a house that looks nice. Occasionally it is all right to say 'Yes' to yourself instead of 'No'.
|A new print for Georgie's room. I loves it.|
4. Daytime naps when you are 38 weeks pregnant should be mandatory. And you should milk pregnancy for all it's worth the first time around. Because being pregnant while looking after a toddler? Just not as fun.
5. Good friends are worth their weight in gold, and a decent talk and visit with one will always help on a day when you are feeling a bit flat. Sometimes going out can seem like too much work, but there is nothing like flopping on someone else's couch for a bit. Enjoy the fact that you can be that comfortable with other people. It is good for the soul.