A month or so ago, One mother hen tagged me with a Liebester Blog award, and I was going to write a post and pass it on (I was, I swear!) but life got in the way. Then, on the weekend, A Desert Rambler tagged me in another one! (Because I am just that awesome!) So, to Alica, and Emma- Thank you!! I am finally passing it on!
"Liebster" is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
* Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
* Answer the questions the person who tagged you created, then make 11 questions of your own for the people you tag.
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
* Go to their page and tell them.
* No tag backs.
11 Facts about me:
1. I used to suck my thumb, and carry around a sheepskin. (I'm not telling you when I stopped)
2. I was married at 18.
3. I can't run. I've tried. But I'm just not a runner.
4. I received a Maths award in Grade 12. (Which, if you know me, and know how much mathematical skill I have, is laughable).
5. When I was in Grade 2 I took my sister's Music trophy in for Show and Tell and tried to convince everyone it was mine. (They didn't believe me).
6. I was an absolute pill of a child and used to jump on my sisters heads. My mother actually gave them permission to hit me.
7. My teacher in Grade one hit me. I've never gotten over it.
8. I can't stand having a dirty floor. I can leave my folding for weeks, and ignore my dishes. But a a dirty floor makes me stabby.
9. I had aspirations of being a criminologist for a while in high school.
10. I've never broken a bone. I did however, once slam a door in my sister Liz's face, and broke her foot. (It's okay though, she got me back when she stabbed me in the hand with a kitchen knife. We had an awesome childhood.)
11. Th first time I went in a plane was when I was 21. Both my children have already flown before.
Because I'm so cool- I get to answer 22 questions!
My Questions from Alicia:
1. What nationalities are in your ancestry?
My Dad came to Australia from England when he was 18, and my Mum's family was German originally. (I think).
2. Favourite Australian actor/actress?
Toni Collete. I like that she is so real, and I think she is just beautiful. She always reminds me a little of my sister Jenny,
3. Which magazine do you read the most?
None. I rarely read magazines.
4. What was your first job and how old were you?
Working in a Chinese restaurant. Two of my sister's worked there before me, and it was a great first job. The food was so good!
5. Electric Blanket or hot water bottle?
6. Favourite joke or party trick?
I don't think I have one... I do have a double jointed shoulder and can stretch it way back- but it's not that special.
7. Right now, what's on the top shelf of your fridge?
Lots, and lots of milk, because Georgie is part calf. And red cordial, because we've all just been sick.
8. What colour is predominant in your wardrobe?
Probably blue. Especially navy.
9. First car you owned and what are you driving now?
My first car was a blue Mazda 626 that was as old as I was. His name was Frank and he was cool. I currently drive a black Subaru Forrester XT. (Don't ever buy a turbo car!)
10. Where was the best holiday you've had?
I don't think I can pick just one! I loved skiing in New Zealand, but I've also had so many great family holidays at Bribie Island and Rainbow beach.
11. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
My Mum. She is amazing. Every girl should have a mother like mine.
And now my questions from Emma:
1. Have you ever moved interstate or overseas?
Nope. The furthest I have lived from my hometown is 4 hours away. One day we would love to go live overseas with the kids for a year.
2. What is your dream job?
I don't really know. I think my family will always be my most important job. I like the idea of writing a book. (Yeah I know, me and every other blogger out there!) Today I also thought I would love to be a swimming teacher. Ask me again tomorrow?
3. What's your favourite song from your teenage years?
Dare you to move. By Switchfoot.
4. Are you a camping person or a hotel person?
Most definitely a hotel person. (As long as someone else is paying!)
5. Your favourite thing about yourself?
My brain. I'm glad I have one, and I was taught how to use it.
6. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
7. Have you a potty mouth or do you rarely swear?
My mouth could be much, much cleaner. I'm waiting to hear Georgie drop an F-bomb because she heard it from me!!
8. What's your favourite accent? (Eg Irish, French etc)
Probably an Irish one. There's just something about it isn't there?
9. Prefer Malcolm Turnbull or Tony Abbott? (As Opposition leader, not in a 'you have to shag one, and you can't choose death' kind of hypothetical.)
Hahaha! Glad you made that clear Emma! Honestly? I have no idea. I don't pay enough attention. I know I should, but my world is just quite small lately- even though I know it shouldn't be. I don't particularly like any politician, and think it's very much a case of voting for the leader you detest the least. I've been really ticked off at all the mud-slinging that has gone on in parliament recently. I've seen kids in daycare behave with more maturity.
10. What's on your kitchen sink this very moment?
Nothing! I just did the dishes- yay for me!
11. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
My name doesn't easily lend itself to a nickname. I got 'Bob' for a little while there- but mostly, it's just Robyn.
The blogs I'm passing this on to are all pretty awesome. They are all women who I think are very cool:
Killing a Fly with a Ukelele is probably the wrong thing to do
Graze if you want to, but don't eat the dirt
Praying at the Clothesline, Screaming in the house
The Mother Experiment
Happy at Herbgully
Beyond the Edge of Adventure
The Imperfect Housewife
My Questions for them are:
1. Your house burns down in the middle of the night. Who is the first person you call?
2. If you could have anything to eat or drink right now, what would it be?
3. How do you kill a spider?
4. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
5. What would you do with a million dollars?
6. How do you take your coffee?
7. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?
8. How did you meet your significant other?
9. What time did you go to bed last night?
10. Ginger, yes or no?
11. What is your favourite time of the day?