Monday, April 30, 2012

A great day

So in case you missed it, I have kind of been at the end of my rope lately. Friday's post pretty much sums up how I've been feeling. So when our Saturday started with a trip to the Doctor's on Saturday morning, and with yet another prescription for antibiotics and Ventolin for Georgie, my expectations for the weekend were not high.

However, yesterday was amazing. The best day I have had in a very long time.

Saturday night was a horrible night with the kids. They were up and down all night. Shane and I got very little sleep. So when we woke up on Sunday morning, Shane decided we were not going to church. Then I had the bright idea of ringing my Mum to see if she wouldn't mind taking the kids to church for us. (I have the best Mum in the world, I know).

So instead of church on Sunday morning, Shane and I slept. And it was good. Then we decided to go out and have coffee.


When church was over, My Mum brought the kids to the coffee shop, and while I was feeding Charlie there, I mentioned that we would love to see The Avengers. It was on at lunchtime, but I just idly said it as a dream, not really thinking that we would be able to go. But Mum said "Why not?" and (because she is a saint) she took the kids back to her house. So while she and my Dad looked after my babies (again!) Shane and I went to the movies and watched The Avengers.



It's the first time I've been to the movies in about 12 months, and it was just so nice. It helped that it is a really good movie. I think I would have enjoyed myself even if it had been terrible. But the fact that it was so funny, and so well done, just made the day even better.

After the movie was finished we went and picked up our two very tired children, and Georgie had a little afternoon nap. Once she woke up, we decided to pop around and see Shane's parents, and then we ended up playing on the xbox connect, and staying for dinner.

Dinner at Granny Kay's house.

It was such a fun night. Georgie toddled around their house with a child sized shopping trolley, emptied out her Granny Kay's pantry, and thought it was pretty funny when Mummy and Daddy were boxing against one another, and Charlie got properly acquainted with his Grandad.

It was so unexpected. You couldn't have planned a day like that. But it was just exactly what I needed. It was so nice to spend a day with Shane. It made me remember how much I like him. I am so grateful for family, and I am so glad for a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read this. You are amazing and you totally deserved a break. Shane would really have loved some alone time with you too I bet. I totally loved the avengers movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are looking up.

    I have to say too, I really love the pic of you and Georgie on the right of your blog. It's adorable and just makes me want to give her cheeks a great big kiss too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fantastic! It's amazing how just little things like....kindness, sleep and husband-wife time can lift your spirits so much! I found when I was at the end of my rope, I'd be almost on my knees (or pretty much there in prayer, really!) when God would suddenly bless me with an easy day where the children just got on, amused themselves and I had a huge arvo nap with no school run to do. Awesome stuff - I'm so pleased you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...