Wednesday, January 26, 2011

43 things........ (part 1)

1. Today it was 41 degrees! (that's 105.8 Fahrenheit for you Americans) I felt like we were melting! Thank God for air conditioners!

2. One day I would LOVE to do a triathalon.

3. As a child I watched Captain Planet- and loved it! My cousin and I would play it in the backyard and I would always want to be Linka.... I still know all the words to the theme song.

4. Looking back at Captain Planet- I'm now really annoyed. They had a Planeteer from every continent except Australia.... they gave America two instead! I also thought poor old Mai-Ti was ripped off with his power. I mean Heart? Lame!

5. It is 10:42pm and I should really be in bed!

6. Tonight I pinched Georgie. She was feeding and pulled off, but tried to take half of me with her! She's been biting me really badly lately. As she came off- it hurt so much that I shrieked and pinched her tummy. My poor baby cried and I felt so bad. I didn't mean to, but it just hurt so badly that I had that instinctual hand-clench happen. I feel like the worst mother in the world!

7. Today was Australia Day and we did.......... nuffing. Shane had to work, but he put two Australian flags on his truck.... he's so cute.

8. Right now I am DESPERATE to go to the beach. We normally go around this time every year, but just can't afford it this year :(

9. When we were engaged, Shane and I were fooling around, and I threw a bridal magazine at him. It hit him in the face and he got a terrible split, fat lip. When we went to the Doctor, he laughed at us. It was quite mortifying for a seventeen and eighteen year old!  Plus, poor Shane had to go to bible college the next day and do an oral presentation, and couldn't do it because of his lip. I felt SO bad. However I still maintain that he shouldn't have ducked. Amazing he still married me huh?

10. My first car was a Mazda 626 that was as old as I was. It's name was Frank.

11. Georgie is doing so well at swimming. I take her to the pool about four times a week. She knows "Georgina, ready, set, Go!" and then she goes underwater. I'm even starting to let go of her hands a little and she swims to me. Such a clever girl!

12. I'm one of thise weird people who, when she goes on holidays, goes to the gym. As soon as I have the opportunity, I tend to find whatever gym and or pool I can, and try to exercise heaps. I don't know why but I always have so much more motivation when I'm away. Perhaps it's because I have more time?

13. Before Georgie was born I lost 10kg, and that's when I developed my love of exercise and going to the gym. I never thought I would be a person who went to the gym- but I dicovered how much I love it... I especially love group fitness classes.

14. I don't know if I ever do want to go back into a career in education or childcare. Part of me really does, because I just think it's so important. But another part of me just loves the idea of having a less stressful job in a shop or something, where I can just go to work, and come home without bringing work home with me. I think it would be much easier on my family... but I guess we'll just take that one as it comes.

15. I really don't like teenagers. I didn't even like them when I was one. I can't help it. I thought it was just because I was so close in age to being a teenager, but now I'm not so sure. All that angst and those hormones? Ugh! They're just so painful! I think I'm really going to need a lot of help from God when my kids get older- but hopefully it will work out, because they will be my children, and I will love them. I'm sure it will be fine, and I know some teenagers who I get along with well. But as a general rule- they just annoy the heck out of me!

16. I did ballet for thirteen years. I started when I was four, and finished when I was seventeen. I really loved dancing, and did tap, jazz, contemporary, so may kinds. But I was never really cut out for ballet. I had the enthusiasm, but not the natural talent or the figure.

17. One of the biggest things that put me off being pregnant was finding out that I would have to wear a bra without any under wire during pregnancy and breastfeeding. (Ha!) I really thought it was going to be horrible! Growing up, I always thought I had a huge chest, and, while it was large-ish, it was still in proportion to my body. I think I just spent too much time in a ballet class, surrounded by teeny, tiny, butterfly little girls with mosquito bites, while I was a caterpillar with juicy, juicy mangoes!

18. I used to LOVE the rain. I think that comes from growing up and living in a small country town in Australia, where it hardly ever rains. (except for now when we've had a heap of flooding.... Australia- the land of extremes!) However as a grown up (and a mummy) I now love it less. After four years in childcare, when you have to keep small children inside when it rains, and  now as a mummy, who needs to wash and can't just curl up inside with a good book... It's not so good.

19. I do way more facebook stalking than I would like to admit to.

20. I have just very recently, got some Zumba DVD's to try. So far- so good. I feel pretty ridiculous doing it, but it's a great workout! My tummy muscles get so sore. I think it will work well for me, since I can do it in the middle of the day when Georgie sleeps. And not for love or money will I ever let anyone watch me do it. At least not until I feel less like a lame, dying hippo.

21. Shane bought me a bread maker for Christmas and it is so freakin' awesome! I love how easy it is to make bread, and I don't see myself ever buying a loaf of bread again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...