Friday, December 31, 2010

In the noughties

I; became a teenager, stayed out all night, made new friends, had my first kiss, went overseas, learned to drive, performed, fell in love, laughed, went to university, got my first car, survived high school, got my first job, became a follower of Jesus Christ, cried (many, many times), moved out of home, got engaged, moved away from home, gained weight, got my first dog, learned many things about the world (not all of them good), bought a house, got married, had my first plane trip, lost my temper (numerous times), missed my family, got my first credit card, moved back home, had my first operation, lost touch with old friends, found a vocation, lost weight, gained a new family, started my own family, had a baby(!), lost my grandmother, learned lots of things about myself, loved.... lived.

I don't always do a New Year's resolution. But this year I am going to join the millions of other people around the world and make a resolution to lose weight. I want to get back into my healthy weight range so I have about 20kg to lose. I really want to stick to this, and as part of it am making a resolution to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day 6 days a week

I am also making a resolution this year, to not only be a Christian, but to be more like Christ. And I am also making a resolution to pray every single day for Shane's family. Since I really do believe that prayer is an incredibly powerful weapon- and this is such an important thing, I am committing to this. Because it is just devastating to think of the lack of faith that people- my family!- have. I am also committing to pray each day for Georgie and for Shane, because I know the power of a praying wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...