Thursday, June 9, 2011

A testimony

I am a Christian.

I wholeheartedly believe that the God of the bible is Holy. I know that he sent his son Jesus, to be crucified for my sin so that I can spend eternity with him.

I don't just write Christian, in the box that questions your denomination. I attend church every week. I am an active member of that church, and I have a relationship with my Lord.

This post may be a little full-on for some of my readers. I might even offend people. But I can't help that.

This is my truth.

I don't believe that it matters whether or not your good. I don't think that all paths lead to heaven. I know that the Bible is the word of God. It's not up to me. The fact is, God is holy, and there is a good and an evil in this world. The evil may be disguised as good, but the fact remains that it is there. And we all have a choice to make. God has made the way for us, but we must choose.

I don't believe that I am better or superior to others. I am a human who sins. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. And there is no difference when it comes to the kind of sin we commit. You may be a murderer, or a liar. A rapist, or a thief. But all sin separates us from God. That's why He sent his son Jesus, to be crucified on the cross. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Romans. 4:25. In my head, this is truth, fact. The same as the air I'm breathing. I love God and He is as real to me as my husband.

I attend a local church that is affiliated with the Australian Christian Churches. While I wouldn't say that I support every single piece of doctrine in that church (after all the church is only of man and it is fallible) I do support most of them. And in this town, that church is the one that fits. I can't say that that would be the same wherever I went. But I do support that denomination.

I believe that this, my faith, is the single most important thing in my life. It determines eternity. Everything else pales in comparison. I don't know why exactly I am writing this right now. It's a post I have always meant to write, at some time. But right now at this moment? It feels crucial.

So there it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...