Friday, June 10, 2011

It's my pity-party and I'll moan if I want to

I am feeling so very sick at the moment.

I'm in throes of disgusting morning sickness. But this time around it's very different. With Georgie, the sickness hit me at around 8 weeks, lasted till 14 weeks, and I was sick every night. I would get home from work at 6, talk to the toilet bowl for a while, and then be reasonably okay. It was yuck, but it was manageable and predictable.

But this time, I am feeling gross an awful lot. I am not actually being sick that often, but when I am it comes on very quickly and suddenly (like in church on Sunday which was just all kinds of fun!). I am really off sweet foods, and just feeling sorry for myself in general.

Last pregnancy, I also had pelvic girdle pain. It started in the second trimester and lasted through until around 36 weeks, but then magically disappeared when Georgie was born. But it's already started again, and I'm only 11 weeks along! And it just really hurts. I've been to the physio and she put it back in, but it only lasted a day, and I just cannot afford to go do that all the time.

Plus, I am coming down with a cold. And as you know, I can't take much to help myself on that front. So I'm trying to drown it with honey and lemon tea.

It's just really tough.

All I want is to be a little girl at home, tucked up in bed reading, with my Mummy taking care of me. Mum always used to bring me hot, sweet black tea and toast with honey when I was sick. And dammit, tea and toast don't taste the same when you have to make it yourself!

Right now I'm about to go put my big girl pants on and go clean the house. I'm sorry for being such a whiny-face, but it is nice to get it out! But before I go, I'm asking, what did your Mummy used to do for you when you were home sick, and also, any cold remedies that worked for you while pregnant?

4 comments:

  1. Naw sending you positive light and love! My mother never was one for sympathy, and I hope I am better with it but hubster reckons I'm mean when he's sick (but you know.. man flu and all that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love the blog! My mum was a fan of Vegemite toast. I also find coke worked a treat on my morning sickness, and I'd be making a pot of chicken soup for that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this ginger tea with lemon and honey my "Special-Tea!" :)

    Here’s what you do: (you may need to experiment with amounts to get the taste that suits you)

    1. Fill up your teakettle and get it boiling.
    2. Meanwhile, grate a one-inch piece of fresh ginger root.
    3. Get a thermos out. I have a quart thermos I use.
    4. Put the ginger in the thermos.
    5. Put a dash of lemon juice in the thermos. A dash is about 4 tablespoons. Actually, it's less of a dash and more of a small splash.
    6. Add a dash of honey as well. A dash in this case is about three tablespoons. Hey, a dash means something different to all of us. Basically, add the honey to taste.
    7. When your water is boiled, pour it in the thermos.
    8. Cover it up and let it sit for 20 minutes.
    9. Strain into a tea cup and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, will have to try that one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...