Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the hormones

I've decided I hate them.

The hormones.


I never really knew how utterly crap it is to be a girl until I had a baby. And then the hormones went crazy. I mean, I've always had them,  but they used to be okay... manageable.... they didn't bother me, I didn't bother them. It was a good deal. But now!

I can't- like literally cannot, lose weight. It just doesn't want to shift. And since we've cut out every other possible explanation:

It's the hormones.

Also, now let's just get this out of the way. I am not pregnant. I am really sure of that. I got Shane to buy me a pregnancy test yesterday because I was so not sure about that. (A task which he deemed very injurious to his manhood- but he coped) And the test was definitely negative. And I am not ready to have another baby. I don't particularly want to have two children under the age of eighteen months- I just don't think I could do that. But still.... as I was waiting for results, a teensy part of me was hoping for two little pink lines.

It's the hormones.

Last night I was flicking channels and watched a mother introducing her newborn baby girl to her five year old brother, and that teensy part of me stirred and whispered........ "Awwww.... I want another baby".

It's the hormones.

So right now. Even though I'm very glad for them, and it's nice to know that they're all in working order. I hate them.

Stupid hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...