Thursday, August 26, 2010

Letter to Georgie

Dear Georgina,

Today you are 8 weeks old and you had your first lot of immunization needles. You were so good! You were asleep and sitting on my lap, and then the Doctor and the Nurse jabbed you on both legs at the same time, and oh, you screamed! Your little face went as red as a strawberry and you took ages to catch your breath and you cried and cried, but then 5 minutes later you had settled down and gave us smiles as if to say 'Needles, what needles?' You really are lovely.

Your Dad was home today because it was raining and he couldn't work, so came too. He couldn't watch- deep down your Dad really is a big softie who loves you so much... I just really want you to know this now so that in years to come when he loses his temper with you, or tells you no, and you just don't understand him, and you feel like he doesn't love you, you can read this and know how special you are to him.... Why even when you were first born he connected with you much quicker than I did, he would just hold you and look at you for hours- he still does! You have a pretty special Dad Georgie, don't ever forget that!

Right now you've just had your last feed and you've conked out in my arms, you really are so beautiful- God did something very special when he made you.

Georgie, I don't know what you're going to be like or who you're going to grow up to be, but please, be God's. You can be whatever you like, but you must follow God and love Jesus. I just don't think heaven could be heaven without you. If you only learn one thing from me, please let it be that.

I love you,

Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...