Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Home again


We've just come back from a week at the beach. And it was really hard to come home. I love the people in my town, and there are plenty of worse places in the world to live.... but sometimes the fact that our town is so hot! and so dry! and so far away from the beach or the city or nice places just gets to me a bit.


It was nice to slow down a little bit. It was also very nice to have some proper time together as a family. It's been a while since Shane has had a decent chunk of time to spend with us, and I kind of forgot how good it is to have him around. It was nice to watch the kids really relax into having Daddy around. I've been struggling a lot this week with being 'it' again. Mind you, it wasn't all fun and games. There was a fair bit tenseness in the car at times, and my poor girl managed to dive face first into a concrete path one afternoon and ended up looking very damaged, plus Charlie was a bit out of sorts on the weekend at my sister's house. But mostly it was good.



She really did a number on herself, huh? Today I am finding my feet again, I have been grocery shopping, and am a bit less of a grumpy pants. Plus, even though 'our beach house' as Georgie liked to call it, (even though it is actually my Uncle's beach house) is really comfortable and clean and lovely, and it was so nice to stop off and see family for a couple of days... there is still no place like home.

One good thing about coming back was seeing our lounge room again, because we got new carpet laid in there while we were away. Considering the fact that we ripped up that old carpet over 5 years ago and have had floorboards ever since... it's a bit exciting for me! And, while Charlie has been a bit of a post-trip pill, Georgie has been simply delightful. I think she did a bit of growing up whole we were away, and she is getting to be really good company.

Mostly it's nice to be home. I'm looking forward to catching up with some lovely friends again, going back to the gym and getting back into my groove. I'm going to try really hard to keep up some of my good holiday habits, like waking up early, and having good routines, and being less of a stress head.


I am going to miss this view though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...