Monday, April 13, 2020

5 weeks

So Easter is all over. It was a strange one. In our town Easter is a big deal and there is a parade and markets and various events over the weekend. I’ve grown up with this tradition my whole life, and only missed a handful of Easter weekends here, so it was very strange to be here, but stay home. It was a pretty good weekend though. Sunday in particular was nice, But I really missed church. We finished the weekend tonight with pizza and a movie, and Shane is sitting on the couch with the kids finishing the movie while I’ve slipped away to have a bit of alone time.

The constant closeness is a bit tough. Ted especially has been a bit out of sorts with his normal routine gone, and he has been having lots of trouble getting to sleep a night. He’s also been super attached to me, which is nice, but tough.

The government in our state has just announced that all kids will stay home from school and learn at home for the next five weeks. I’m not quite sure how I feel about that to be honest. Apprehensive. I’m not sure what it’s going to look like, and I worry that if we get too much that has to be done from the school, it will just be like beating my head against a brick wall. I think I’m going to have to work on developing really good structure to our days. But all we can do is our best.

We are supposed to be moving house in a month. I’m really hoping it all still goes ahead, as we need a bigger space badly. But there’s lots of hurdles to overcome there too. There’s just so much to stress about. Let alone worrying about the actual coronavirus. Australia seems to be handling it well right now, our area is still yet to have a single case, but I worry about what it looks like when it does come here. Who could be affected of the people I love and care about. How we will manage when it is actually spreading here. How our health services will cope... just so many worries.

I’m trying hard to trust God with all these unknowns. But I know that He’s good. He loves us. I think about how Jesus must’ve felt before he gave himself up to be crucified. He didn’t quite know how it would play out, and he knew there was pain and difficulty ahead. But he did it because he loves us. And because he trusted the Father. I need to trust Him too. I think every difficult moment in the next five weeks I will have to make a conscious choice to trust.

1 comment:

  1. Gambling Commission - Driver license, license, gambling license, gambling
    Gambling Commission - Driver license, licensing, gambling license, 삼척 출장마사지 gambling license, gambling license, gambling license, 성남 출장안마 gambling license, gambling license, 서울특별 출장샵 gambling 청주 출장샵 license, 경기도 출장샵

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...