Saturday, November 23, 2013

Rich

I have been struggling with figuring out what, or how, to write lately. I open up an empty page to fill with words, and sit, staring at the screen for a while, before closing it again. I've lost my rhythm, or inspiration, or something,

It seems to be a human condition that we are so much better at communicating when things are bad, than when they are good. 

Maybe that's my problem? Because honestly, I am just grateful. Really really grateful. I am incredibly, abundantly, amazingly blessed. Sure, I have my problems, we always do. But for the most part, my life is rich.

I creep into the dimly lit bedroom to stand in awe at the blessings God has given me. Two precious lives, breathing deeply, in and out. Two sets of lungs working perfectly, two hearts beating, two perfectly healthy tiny people who bring me so much joy. I lie in bed and listen to the even, peaceful breathing of the man I love, who loves me.

My tummy is full, I am safe, and protected, I do not live in fear. I live in abundance. I am surrounded by so many wonderful people who love me and help me, and I try to never take it for granted. I have friends, people who like me, and people who I like, and the happiness and joy that gives  me never ceases to amaze.

I am blessed, extravagantly. I honour The One who provides me with this abundance. I worship Him and praise His name, because of all that He is, and I thank Him, for all that He has given me.


I live a rich life, and I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope that you keep thinking of things to write about good, bad or other wise, I love coming here. It is interesting how we all seem to share more of the bad than the good. I know for me sometimes I feel a little wrong harping on about how great life is because like you I am also incredibly rich (without a cent to my name, well not quite but you know what I mean) and there are so many that are not. Mind you this is also the same reason I don't like to complain to much because I know just how good life really is if I stop to think for a moment.

    Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way lovely and hope the words flow for you soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...