Thursday, June 20, 2013

All kinds of time


These days, they are slow and they are long. They can be hard and they can be tiring. But they are beautiful.

They are filled with cooking, and cleaning, kissing bruised knees and bruised egos. They are filled with coffee drinking, and playtime at the park. They are filled with the mundane, and predictability and the joy of discovery.



I know I will look back and think they are some of the best days of my life.

Right now, I am pretty sure I am exactly where I need to be. My babies and I, we have the luxury of making the hours work for us. I can choose to spend a day ignoring the housework and playing with my children. Georgie can ask to go to the park, and I think "Why not?" and off we go. I can decide, 'no we are not going to playgroup today, I need to clean my house.'

I am in charge of our routine and our structure. I am in charge of the way our days go. And I am finally starting to learn how to be disciplined enough to do it. This is what works for me. The days, they are slowly getting so much easier, and I am grateful.



Eventually time will march on, and it will usher in kindy days, and school to attend. We will have to develop a new routine and be out the door early. My afternoons will be filled up with car trips and football, and ballet lessons, and swimming lessons and parent teacher meetings. Eventually I will have to go back to work, and run on someone else's schedule. But right now, we have all kinds of time. These days, in so many ways are like guerrilla warfare. But in so many other ways, they are completely and utterly golden.

3 comments:

  1. They are amazing days. Try not to blink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you are saying here. My 6 year old and 3 year old - kindy, school, pickups dropoffs - routine. I have to work etc.
    It does get much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand and agree with this post. The days are hard, but also so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...