Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Time out

I know I have been a very neglectful blogger lately. For a variety of reasons. I've been busy, and I've been tired. So tired. Weary deep down to my bones and drained in a way I didn't know existed. I've basically been running on fumes for a while now.

I wouldn't say it's just physical. Yes, the kids exhaust me. That thing about children siphoning the energy out of their parents while they sleep? I believe it. But mentally and emotionally too. This year has tested Shane and I to the limit. He has had more responsibility and pressure from his work than I think he would have imagined possible this time last year. A lot of that has, naturally flowed on to me. So I have had to pick up more slack than ever, plus I've had a fair bit of my own stuff with my post-natal depression. I've felt like a single parent and a punching bag a lot this year.

But I can see the good. God has seen us through so much this year. And I think we have learned how to rely on him more than we ever had before. I have watched Shane be challenged and I've watched him grow, and learn how to face his problems with courage and integrity. He is not the same boy I married. I really admire the man he has become.

I have found a strength, wisdom and courage, a perseverance and forbearance inside myself that I didn't know existed. God has held me so closely this year and I am more grateful for my relationship with him than I can say. He really is good.

For now however, I am weary. I am looking forward to a bit of a rest and some time out. We will be spending some time at the beach before going to visit Shane's family for Christmas, and I don't anticipate writing another blog post until the New Year. I hope to get back into my writing much more next year. So, Thank you for following along with me this year, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Robyn

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, Robyn, and your family. I hope that your holiday is a time of great refreshment for you and that 2013 will be a much better year (for all of us!!). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the blogging. You and family are priority. Wishing you a fun and relaxing holiday break. I hope you find yourself refreshed and rejuvenated in 2013. Take care, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a good Christmas...

    Did you happen to be in Toowoomba last week? I saw someone and I thought it was you - but was not quite sure... Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a merry Christmas as well dear Robyn. May the days ahead be filled with fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...