Friday, April 17, 2020

Unexpected events... and gratitude

What a day! It’s been a strange one. I was supposed to go up to the church with Shane this afternoon for an hour or so to sing a couple of songs so that he could record them for our church online services, since he had everything set up to film there today already. To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure about it... I wanted to, but at times it’s not very comfortable putting yourself out there like that.

So I was set to go at about 3:30pm in the afternoon, and Mum was going to come up and mind the kids. We’ve kind of relaxed our distancing this week a bit. We’re still being careful, but the government guidelines recommend having two guests at a time, so that means that we have seen Mum and Dad and my sister Cathy a tiny bit this week, which has been so lovely. Anyway, so at around 2 this afternoon, our dog Chloe was tapping at the back door and I figured she was hoping to get fed early. So I went to the back door, and when I looked at her, her left eye was really badly swollen. I was thinking it might have been a bee or something, but I wasn’t quite sure and it just looked really bad, so I rang the vet to see if I could bring her down. I called Mum and she came over a bit early, and I took her to the vet, where it turned out, she had maybe been bitten by a spider. So she’s got some medication, and we’re keeping an eye on her.

Then, when I got home, I got Mum to have a quick look at a mosquito bite that Ted has, which was looking red, and it was looking worse, so I rang the doctor to see if I could get him in. I managed to take him straight down, and he has cellulitis, so we had to get some antibiotics for him. By this point I think Shane was thinking about saying not to worry about doing music after all, because he’d had a big day at work, and had a headache. But he had all the recording stuff set up (which takes a bit of doing) so, we decided to keep going, and I left the kids and the wounded at home and went down to church to do a couple of songs.

It was tough, let me tell you! Nothing like hearing yourself and watching yourself to make you self-conscious about every single one of your flaws. But I think, because it was so hard and so complicated and full of roadblocks just to film a couple of simple worship songs, and despite all my feelings of unworthiness. I know that it is important. Sometimes what we see with our human eyes, has nothing to do with what God is doing. So I am doing my best to just trust Him with this, to just get  my anxious thoughts out of the way as much as I can. And to be grateful for how many things did turn out right. For medication. For appointments when they were needed. For Mum who stepped into the breech for us, and my sister who popped up to lend a hand too. I am richly and abundantly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would so love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...